Zion United Methodist Church
Making Disciples of Jesus Christ
Rev. Scott D. Meeker
1807 - The church began as the “Zion Class”, a group that gathered for study and worship in the home of George and Rosalia Fagaly.
1811 - A log meeting house was built on the Fagaly property for study and worship led by Mrs. Fagaly and various pioneer circuit pastors.
1820 - The Zion United Brethren Church building was erected on Zion Road in Miami Heights (on the property of the still existing cemetery*).
1876 - Fire destroyed the church building, which was rebuilt and dedicated in 1877.
1913 - A tornado destroyed the church building.
1914 - A new church building was built and dedicated.
1946 - The United Brethren Church becomes the Evangelical United Brethren Church.
1956 - The church’s membership and attendance was increasing and planning of a new and larger church building began.
1961 - The new church building, still in-use today, was dedicated.
1968 - The Evangelical United Brethren Church became known as the Zion United Methodist Church.
2007 - Zion United Methodist Church celebrated its 200th anniversary.
*The Zion United Brethren Cemetery is now being maintained by Miami Township, Hamilton County.